“Lessons Learned From Marine Corps Deployments, Military Olympic Competitions, And Nomadic Journeys”
Health & Wellness Coach & Consultant
Get A Personal Partner To Help You Get ‘Unstuck’ And Reach Your Goals In Life
Have you ever wanted something in your life, but realized you couldn’t achieve it alone?
Working with me as your coach — whether in a group setting or one-on-one — you will accelerate your results and transform your mind, body, and spirit.
Discover the power of working together to accomplish what you desire.
There are three ways you can work with me right now. One-on-one Health Coaching, Group Call Health Coaching, and Mind-Body-Spirit Yoga&Adventure Retreats (next one is in Mexico May 24-30, 2014). Read below for detailed descriptions of each program.
“I first worked with Sarah Plummer in her powerful, high-impact one-on-one health coaching program. I easily shed more than 30 pounds in a few months, which was great, but more importantly I felt the best I had in 20 years! I had more energy; was sleeping better; and learned how to make (and then actually made) easy, healthy food and supplement choices to suit my hectic lifestyle. I had such positive results in all areas of my life that I asked Sarah to conduct a corporate health coaching program for the executive team of my hotel company. She created a caring, encouraging environment, and armed them with the latest nutrition and lifestyle information so they could actually implement her teachings into their own lives and evolve into healthier, more productive people at their own pace. I highly recommend Sarah as a one-on-one health coach, as well as a leader of a corporate health coaching program. She leads by example, inspires and empowers those around her, and enthusiastically serves her clients.”
Larry Broughton (award-winning serial entrepreneur, CEO of Broughton Hotels, best-selling author, speaker, and coach, Orange County CA)
When was the last time you talked with someone about your health and received the personal attention and thoughtful answers you deserve?
As your Health Coach, I create a supportive environment that enables you to achieve your goals through a customized approach that doesn’t require deprivation or a complete overhaul of your habits and lifestyle.
I listen carefully to your needs and help you navigate the world of contradictory nutrition advice to determine what changes will work with your lifestyle AND have the greatest effect on your health.
I received my training at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition’s cutting-edge Health Coach Training Program, where I studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts.
My teachers included Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University; Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating; and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities.
Drawing on this knowledge, I will help you create a completely personalized ‘roadmap to health’ that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals and produces real and lasting results.
Have you ever tried to put into practice what your doctor, a nutritionist, or even a book suggested you do for your health, but found it just didn’t work for you?
The problem with most nutrition advice is that it simply focuses on calories, carbs, fats, and proteins, rather than taking into account each individual’s biochemical makeup and lifestyle.
Instead, I practice a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that I look at how all areas of your life are connected.
Does stress at your job or in your relationship cause you to overeat? Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising? Together we will discover how each element of your life affects your health as a whole.
We’ll work to reach your health goals in areas such as reducing stress, achieving optimal weight, reducing food cravings, increasing sleep, and maximizing energy.
And I’ll help you end the cycle of crash dieting, yo-yo weight loss, and deprivation, and make gradual, long-lasting changes that lead to a lifetime of health, energy, and vitality.
Key concepts of this unique program include:
Each person has unique food and lifestyle needs. One person’s food could be another person’s poison, and that’s why fad diets tend to fail in the long run. Working on the principle of bio-individuality, I’ll support you to make positive changes that are based on your unique needs, lifestyle, preferences, and ancestral background.
It’s easy to overlook all of the things that contribute to our sense of nourishment and fulfillment. It’s not just the food we eat, but all of the other factors present in our daily lives. Healthy relationships, a fulfilling career, regular physical activity and a spiritual awareness are essential forms of nourishment. When these “primary foods” are balanced, what you eat becomes secondary.
The Integrative Nutrition food pyramid includes a balance of high quality vegetables, fruits, grains, proteins, healthy fats and water. To complete the picture, the pyramid is surrounded with lifestyle factors that create optimal health: relationship, career, physical activity and spirituality.
Working through these concepts with me as your partner in health, you can expect to…
- Set and accomplish goals in an empowering and exciting way
- Achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- Understand and reduce your cravings
- Increase your energy levels and feel great in your body
- Discover new foods and learn how to easily incorporate them into your diet
- Improve your personal relationships
- Gain the confidence to create the life you want
- Two 50-minute sessions per month
- E-mail support between sessions
- Recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare
- Coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want
- Simple but informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge
- Access to my newsletter with the latest health tips and recipes
- My personal commitment to your health and success
Are you ready to start looking and feeling better than ever? Then schedule a FREE initial consultation with me today! My schedule fills up quickly though, so contact me soon because you are interested in working together to enhance all areas of your life!
2. Group Health Coaching Program
- –> 2, 75-min calls per month for 6 months with Sarah Plummer and other clients (maximum group size of 14 people)
- –> Coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want
- –> My personal commitment to your health and success
- –> Accountability partner assignment
- –> Email support between calls
- –> Private FB page for community support during and after program
- –> Recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare
- –> Simple but informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge, and other hand outs.
- –> Calls are recorded for listening to later, or if you have to miss a session
- –> BEGINS SECOND WEEK OF APRIL 2014
Sign up HERE
Top 7 Reasons to Join a Semper Sarah Group Optimal Wellness Coaching Program:
1. A Personal Support System: Group coaching gives you the opportunity to share your feelings with others and develop deeper connections, making your sessions more meaningful. Knowing you are not alone in your journey will help you develop the confidence and motivation to address your challenges and succeed.
2. Higher Likelihood of Achieving Goals: You’re much more likely to stick to your gym routine if you have a gym buddy, right? The same is true with group coaching. When individuals are part of a group, they procrastinate less, accomplish more, and reach their goals faster.
3. Benefit from Collective Wisdom: You’ll brainstorm solutions, open creativity channels, and uncover opportunities you may not have discovered working solo. Have you ever been in a study group where you’ve learned from a classmate who gets it? Other group members help you master new concepts like a pro!
4. Gain a New Perspective: When you work alone, you examine situations from one perspective – yours. But when you work in a group, you’re exposed to a variety of insights that empower you to see a situation from multiple angles and motivate you to develop new solutions. Ever get a precious nugget of advice from a really honest friend that you just couldn’t see on your own? It’s like that.
5. A Great Value: Get the same quality coaching, but at a fraction of the cost of individual coaching. Group coaching is a smart and affordable way to receive top-notch guidance from Sarah.
6. A Team Invested in Your Success: When you work in a group, the whole team celebrates your success. Just like when a soccer player scores a goal, resulting in a win for the entire team. In this case, no cleats are required!
7. Turn Work into Play: It’s more fun to go out to dinner with friends than by yourself, right? Working with a group is a social event that participants look forward to. You’ll join a close-knit group that is energizing, motivating and most of all – fun! Group members often become lifelong friends.
This simple yet powerful program can CHANGE YOUR LIFE. But don’t take my word for it…take theirs!
“Sarah Plummer changed my life. At first, I did the consultations with Sarah more to support a friend starting a new venture than getting a new workout plan or diet. Getting a little more healthy was a side benefit I wanted, but I thought to myself, “I’m healthy enough – I don’t eat fast food or drink soda, and I work out. How much could I possibly improve?”
Well, Sarah answered that question, and the answer was “Lots!” Through her knowledge, professionalism, and general good nature, Sarah took me on the journey of beginning to understanding myself. In short, I relearned how to live with the help of Sarah. Her holistic way of looking at improving health is necessary because each aspect of our lives affects the other, and, with a wide array of tools that can improve upon diet, sleep, spiritual happiness, mental well being, and activity level, Sarah changed the way I thought about life.
…Oh, and I lost 17 pounds and feel great, too.”
(Tim Bertocci, Legislative Director Office of Congressman Tim Walz, Washington DC)
“I now take more time for self-care, feel better, and am living healthier thanks to Sarah’s coaching. I improved connections with friends and family, I feel more creative, and my career is better. I learned a ton about all areas of my life through the coaching process.” (Jessica Hall, entrepreneur, Denver CO)
“This was the first time in my life that I have ever had a health coach or for that matter any coach other than sports as a kid. I truly enjoyed and greatly benefited from working with her for the last few months. I thought the group meetings and subsequent peer pressure really helped me. I am still avoiding gluten, eggs and dairy as much as possible. I can tell you that when I eat gluten, especially after not having any for a week or so, I feel stuffed and bloated even the next day. I also appreciated the fact that you brought a lot more to coaching by sharing your real life experiences; you just didn’t read it in a book you actually lived it. Enjoyed your military stories too. Great Approach. Thank you again.” (Robert Rycroft, CFO, Irvine CA)
“I set out to incorporate yoga into my fitness regime and do something active every day in July as party of Sarah’s “Just Roll With It for 31 Days” challenge. Sarah’s continued encouragement and positive feedback kept me going in my 31 day challenge, even in that shaky middle part of the endeavor, when motivation usually drops off. I’m happy to report that I finished my 31-day challenge feeling accomplished, more limber, a few pounds lighter and most of all inspired to keep going. Thank you, Sarah, for helping me work through a lot of the things I’ve been meaning to work through, and for inspiring me every day!” (Andrea Williams, USAFL Athlete, Boston, MA)
Want to get started? Secure your spot in the group ASAP! Click below!
* Exact call days and times will be solidified by the end of March. All calls will be recorded so that if you have to miss the session, you can listen to it later, and interact on the private Facebook Page.
* Full Immersion Excursion for your Mind, Body, & Spirit *
--> NEXT: 24-30 May 2014 near Puerto Vallarta, MEXICO
Feeling stuck? Maybe it’s time to get out of your rut and try a never-quite-been-done-like-this kind of excursion.
Imagine yourself amid a lush, fertile cloud forest in Costa Rica… drenched in the crystal blue waters of the Belize Barrier Reef… surveying the ruins of ancient civilizations from verdant peaks where the air is thin and the presence of the Divine seems closer than ever… mountain-biking across the red rocks of Colorado against the backdrop of a brilliant purple-and-gold desert sunset.
Now imagine you are accompanied by a fearless and knowledgeable guide who is entirely devoted to creating a world-class experience for you amidst this mysterious and wondrous landscape, leading to long-lasting change and true transformation in all areas of your life.
What if the only thing standing between you and your ability to ‘Just Roll With It’– moving past any experience or blockage in your life– is an unparalleled expedition into new territory?
How long are you willing to wait to find out?
My Full Immersion Excursions are designed to help you break out of your comfort zone and see your life through an entirely different lens.
- Through guided activities and unstructured meditative and relaxation time, incorporating movement, spirituality, and a deep appreciation of your own story as it relates to the pulse of the Earth itself, you’ll experience a deep transformation of body, mind, and spirit.
Full Immersion Excursions incorporate:
- Sacred yoga postures
- Movement designed to stimulate the body AND soul
- Exploration of spiritual and secular texts, both ancient and modern, that will broaden your understanding of your place and purpose on the planet
- Thrilling adventures designed to unleash your inner explorer
- Integrative nutrition counseling that will transform your approach to nutrition
- Proven techniques to develop and nurture a positive mindset and a resilient spirit
- Group and one-on-one coaching with Sarah to address any current challenges you are experiencing, in any area of your life
- Intangible – yet unforgettable – and transformational experiences that will be unique on a trip by trip basis
Expect a singular experience when you sign up for this travel-meets-coaching intensive!
As your host, I am an intrepid yet reassuring guide who will lead you through a unique trip that will introduce you to the wonders of Nature and get you in touch with YOUR true nature as you’ve never seen it before.
The Full Immersion Excursion experience is for you if you:
- Find yourself stuck in a mental rut, unable to move past a difficult or traumatic experience in life
- Feel like you’re stagnating and no longer growing where you’ve been planted
- Have an open mind for adventure, both physical and spiritual
- Want to explore new terrain without having to ‘go it alone’
- Are willing to trust a trained coach, military veteran, survivor of multiple setbacks, and positive-minded supporter of your personal growth, to choose the adventures that will have the greatest impact on your life
- Are seeking travel with PURPOSE
- Are looking for a one-of-a-kind experience that will lead to spiritual growth, personal achievement, and memories that last a lifetime
You’ll unleash your inner power, awaken your spirit, build your self-confidence, and develop and refine skills (physical, mental, and emotional) you’ll use for the rest of your life!
What are you waiting for… your entire life to pass you by?
Throughout our time in Central America, Sarah guided me through yoga practices, providing tips and suggested postures for me which really helped me develop my practice. Sarah provided a wealth of insight on a balanced diet and eating right. We visited Mayan ruins and did yoga postures atop various temples. We jogged along the beach in the evenings, followed by a yoga practice at sunset. Before our trip, Sarah suggested reading certain texts which, once we were in Belize, we discussed and interpreted them. Overall, my time in Belize was much more than a vacation – it was a rejuvenating, life-changing trip. I came home refreshed and enlightened. I practice what I learned and experienced in Belize every day — from diet, to fitness, to yoga, to connectedness, to spirituality — and it is all because Sarah motivated and inspired me.
Margie Beyer, an experienced world-traveler and marketing professional from Burlington VT
Sarah is one of the most energetic, driven, and inspiring people, with a never give-up attitude. I know I can always turn to Sarah if I need advice or a new, fresh perspective on tackling obstacles life might throw my way. When traveling with Sarah, I got a little sick during the trip, but she kept me going and motivated to truck on through and stick to our itinerary, and still have fun doing it despite feeling yucky at times. I knew I would regret it if I didn’t, and I could always look to her to cheer me on and keep me smiling. Sarah is an amazing travel companion; she makes sure she is prepared and informed, but also makes sure to plan the most adventurous trip possible!
Megan Luczko (Former Peace Corps Volunteer, Fellow Lover of Foreign Traveler, Washington DC)
“Transformational! Inspirational! Sarah’s caring, kick-in-the-seat teachings make me want to be more, live more and love more. She’s the next Personal Development Guru to watch!”
Larry Broughton (award-winning serial entrepreneur, author, speaker, and coach, Orange County CA)
She tells you like it is, teaches you to lead and follow with your heart, and inspires you with her knowledge and past experiences. But it is not the fact that Sarah is one of the most interesting people that I have ever met, or the fact that she can go anywhere and do anything she puts her mind to. Sarah is by far the most inspirational person I have ever met.
Dr. Trisha Amborski (Doctor of Chiropractic, Life-Enthusiast, Denver CO)
Sarah lives what she offers to her clients. She “walks the walk” and is exceptional in this regard. Sarah’s self-drive and discipline have a way of reverberating in those that are near her, making Sarah an asset to those who aspire to change their life. The beauty of that thoughtfulness is that Sarah enjoys and appreciates people, wholly, as they are – yet encourages them to discover who they are to become.
Dan Stover (Leadership Consultant at Integrated Leadership Systems and Co-Host of No Excuses Radio, Columbus OH)
Sarah is a refreshing balance between strength (with some “attitude”!) and gentleness, between grace and grit. Knowing Sarah has made me a better person. I wholeheartedly recommend Sarah as coach.
Lainie Allen (Spiritual Director, founder of www.nurturingyoursoul.com, Dallas TX)
Sarah offers a motivational way to take care of yourself, your health, and your life through yoga and physical fitness. Sarah is an accomplished expert in her field, a skillful instructor, and mentor to many. I truly admire what she does, and how she does it. Do not miss the opportunity to learn from the best. Life is too short; live for the “now” with Sarah leading the way.
Joseph “Joe Marine” Shusko (Lieutenant Colonel retired, United States Marine Corps, Author of “Tie-Ins For Life,” Quantico VA)
Because of how she has lived her life, she can help you discover and live out of your true heart. Because of the mountains she has climbed and the way she has passionately pursued her dreams, Sarah has inspired me to live a richer, fuller life. Connect with Sarah if you want to live a richer fuller life.
Daniel Allen (Founder of and Leadership Coach at www.thelifegivingleader.com, Dallas TX)
Sarah has greatly influenced the way I view the world and what is possible. Sarah is full of stories you would swear were from Forrest Gump, that are so exciting to listen to: tales of traveling the world, meeting all types of people, immersing herself in others’ cultures, so many cool exciting things that make me want to do the same. Through listening to her stories I’ve learned that the path to attaining those goals are not easy. I like to see it as she lives her life unwritten: she takes risks in pursuing her goals, so her future is uncertain as opposed to simply sitting at a desk 9-5 five days a week, where life is predictable. And that’s the life I want to live, the unwritten one, and she has showed me that it’s very possible and rewarding.
Captain Erin Wallace (USAF, self proclaimed dog whisperer, aspiring dream attainer, amateur sugar cookie maker, Albuquerque NM)
Sarah helped give me the confidence to follow my own dreams and turn them into reality. Her can-do attitude, willingness to give back to others and find ways to improve the quality of other’s lives is truly inspirational. Thanks to her, I’m now on my road to more true happiness.
Chet Ridenour (Entrepreneur, sportsman, adventurer, dance machine, founder of www.STR8NOUT.org, Worthington OH)
Sarah’s teaching style made it easy to get over the initial fears of trying something new and really explore the benefits. I have quickly found that yoga is much more than just a fancy way of stretching, it’s a holistic discipline that is capable of producing positive benefits and healing for the mind, body, and spirit.
Joe Shearer (Disabled USMC Combat Veteran, San Antonio TX)
I was not familiar with yoga or had much experience with it but after one session with Sarah, I was hooked. She took the time to explain everything in detail while we were doing the moves. We were being educated and getting a good workout at the same time. The class had more experienced yoga people and Sarah was able to please us all. After one session, I felt more flexible, calmer, more intune with my emotions, and even taller.
Garra Liming (Body By Vi Promoter at Visalus, Columbus OH)
It was because of Sarah and her teaching that my husband continues to practice yoga with me even now. She even inspired our 13 year old to practice!
Beth Hernandez (US Army Veteran, Columbus OH)
March 06, 2014
Pass the Military Justice Improvement Act
March 05, 2014